Weight Loss Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Series of Unfortunate Events....

So, my knee was a major pain and ended up being a bigger issue than I'd realized. I got a nasty nasty shot under my knee cap, have damaged cartilage and I'm still on LOA (limited activity) and I'm not allowed to run, bicycle (unless I spin at a high cadence instead of "mash" the pedals), or do any weight-lifting or exercises that use a "squat" or "lunge" stance. Completely frustrating!

Add to that that I've made poor choices overall when it came to food intake since February and I'm in hurt city!

From tonight I have 67 days to train for the May 20th RnR half-marathon in Portland. *eep!*

Physical therapy started last week and goes for another 5 to 7 weeks depending upon my progress, then I can get back to Roller Derby. More importantly though is prepping and being ready for the upcoming half.

My basic plan is as follows and allows for a LOT of leeway depending upon how I'm feeling, time constraints and my knee's temperament:
1. Swim - 30 minutes of laps 3-4x/wk, these are slow laps to get form in line and work the core
2. Elliptical - Ramping up from 30-60 minutes 3-4x/wk - switching between intervals, speed work and long slow "runs", without actually running.
3. Stretching - Daily
4. Jacob's Ladder, Slideboard, Core work, Freeweights 2-3x/wk - a switch-up of the aforementioned exercises to round out the mass amount of cardio I'm pushing (gently) in the coming weeks.

My goal is to NOT re-injure myself, but to lose weight while getting back to where I was without any actual running. I know, I know, the only way to get better at running... is to RUN. But until my knee is cleared, I have to take it easy, no stairs, no running, no mashing the bike pedals.

I'm re-committed to my fitness. Things are starting to look up in life again and I need to get back on the fitness wagon so I don't lose ALL of the wonderful progress and weight-loss gains I made in January 2012. Here's to a new perspective, a new appreciation of my life, renewed conviction and an abundance of ambition!

Warmest Regards...
Your,
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment